Women who wish to become members must first attend a regular club meeting, complete an application form and submit it with initial membership fee of $40.00 (refundable in full only if the application is NOT accepted). You must also provide a photocopy of your driver license, vehicle registration, and insurance card to the Treasurer. The pledge period is 12 months. Additionally, prospective members must:
* Provide proof of successful completion of a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course (either the beginners' BRC or the experienced ERC course) at the time of joining.
* Own and operate a mechanically sound, street-legal motorcycle. This includes possessing a valid motorcycle operator's license, current insurance, a valid inspection sticker, and any other items required by the local law.
* Agree to abide by the club's By-Laws.
* Participate in a minimum of: 3 group rides within a 12 month period, not including the annual Pride Parades, 3 club meetings, and 3 Sirens events.
* Understand and practice safe group riding hand-signals and riding techniques.
* Always behave and ride in a safe and responsible manner, whenever wearing the Club colors so as not to bring discredit to the Club.
* Agree to a Zero Tolerance Policy, which means: NO USE OF DRUGS / ALCOHOL WHILE PARTICIPATING IN A CLUB RIDE. Violation is grounds for removal from the Club.
* Agree to return the Club colors if requested to leave the Club.
For more information on becoming a member you can e-mail us at email@example.com. Even better, meet us. We gather on the third Tuesday of every month at 8PM at:
NYC Lesbian & Gay Community Center
208 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10011